Friday, May 30, 2008

Another Good Update

Sarah continues to do very well. Her bile level is good so she no longer needs time under the lamp. Sarah will stay in the incubator, but now she can come out for longer snuggle periods with just Joella and I. The nurses give us a warm blanket to put over her and we get good bonding time with the skin to skin contact. Joella was able to hold her for over two hours today and Sarah was sleeping great the whole time. I came by around lunch and read her a quick story so she could go back to sleep. Mommy says that Sarah seems to open her eyes up more when she hears my deep voice, but eventually she gets used to it and falls back to sleep.






Unfortunately you will be subjected to more pictures of my hairy chest because this picture from yesterday was just too cute.

3 comments:

Papa Jim and Grandma Patty said...

She is definitely a cutie-patootie! Jim and I are so happy for the two of you.

Happy Fun Pants said...

I'm not sure because I've never had a baby, but I think Joella is the one that is supposed to be breast feeding...
:)

Unknown said...

awww, crap! how much do i wish i had said that?! ^^^^