Monday, June 16, 2008

A Great Father's Day Weekend!

I had a great Father's Day visit with Sarah yesterday and enjoyed a good couple of hours of snuggle time with her. She tooted during the last half hour so I volunteered to change her stinky diaper once we got her back into the incubator. I managed to get her diaper off pretty easily, but before I could finish wiping her down she spewed poop all over the incubator. Believe me, she could have outdone a little boy peeing. While I tried to keep her as clean as possible, Joella "helped" by laughing hystericly for over a minute. The good news about this adventure was that now Sarah has a cute Little Mermaid sheet. The picture below is of Sarah last night being upset with her tongue sticking out while the nurse was changing her sheets. Mommy was able to get her settled back down pretty quickly and she was happy snoozing with her Ariel blanket when we left.


This morning the doctor called us and let us know that Sarah would need her first blood transfusion today. The transfusion went well and Joella could tell that Sarah was much less pale this afternoon. When Sarah was born, the doctors told us that she would probably be anemic at some point and that premies often need multiple blood transfusions over the first two months. Sarah has done a good job not needing her first transfusion until she was more than three weeks old. Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy Father's Day this weekend...it was definitely wonderful and one that I will never forget.

No comments: